The idea is to create a discussion about marketing… the who, what, when, where and how of it.
Questions for review:
- Should the number or participants be limited?
- Should it be by invite only?
- Should it be in a room on Friendfeed?
- Should it be on Twitter?
- What day and time work well?
- Must keep in mind other online events
- Where are participants, what time zone are they in?
- Not currently planning to limit the number of participants. The key is to get a small group of highly engaged people to participate. If value is created in the discussion more people will join in and make it even more valuable.
- Do it on some sort of invite basis. This will ensure that people are available and interested in participating.
- Do not know enough about rooms on Friendfeed yet. There is also a large gap between users on Twitter and Friendfeed. With Twitter having a much larger user base.
- Twitter is probably the right location for posting and creating the early discussions.
- Will keep Skype in mind if a small group from the chat would like to continue the conversation.
Create a list of topics for each chat in advance &/or take questions and suggestions from participants, before and during the event, to let them guide the conversation where they will see the most value from a group discussion.
Do you have any thoughts and comments?