Monday, April 14, 2008

Freakonomics: Who Hires During a Recession?

Interesting question. The original post can be found here [see #12] or read my comments below.


Almost all firms & industries hire and replace employees all the time [recession or not].

People are fired [need to be replaced], people quit [need to be replaced], business is growing [more people need to be recruited and hired].

In the instance of a business liquidating, everybody loses their jobs and no one is hired.

Every few months I get calls/emails from mortgage firms looking to hire me [it is not my industry and I see it as an unappealing option].

Almost every firm and industry is hiring all the time.

Airlines might be an exception to the rule.

If there is an HR person in the airline industry reading this post… How do you see it?

No comments: