The oil giant paid $9.3 billion, or 49% of its first-quarter gross income, in income taxes. Is that enough? Depends on who you talk to NOTES:
- Taxes make up a big percentage of profits
- That $9.3 billion in taxes does not include taxes paid by consumers at the pump
- Michigan: The gasoline tax is reported as 54.4 cents per gallon
- What is the rate in your state?
- "...Russia and Libya charge companies up to 90% of the revenues they collect for extracting oil..."
- Nice to see MJ Perry get some recognition
- His website is HERE